Friday, January 21, 2011

History Of My BLOG'S name and Zeus name Etymology

                        "Derived from Greek, the name Zeus means “god,” and from Latin, “demon” or “evil god.” Some experts claim that it’s of Indo-European derivation, meaning “god-father,” or that it expresses the concepts of sky and light."
                        Thats the information I got from the internet. I know for a long time that my name is very cool, so I named my Blog ZEUS ALMIGHTY because of the descriptions of th Olympian God Zeus. Very cool for me.
                         My Blog is all about me, of what I know all by myself, examples are Cheats, Hacking, Tricks, and some Guitar Covers of mine. I will post all of these in my Blog so that I can share everyone what I know.

If you want additional information of the Greek Name Zeus, I,ve added it below.


Zeus is the only name of a Greek god which is entirely transparent etymologically, and which indeed has long been paraded as a model case of Indo-European philology. The same name appears in the Indic sky god Dyaus pita, in the Roman Diespiter Juppiter, in the Germanic Tues-day, and the root is found in the Latin deus, god, dies, day and in the Greek eudia, fair weather. Zeus is therefore the Sky Father, the luminous day sky.…Only for Greeks and Romans is the Sky Father the highest god, and he is so primarily as a rain and storm god: Zeus is much more a weather god than the etymology would suggest.

No comments: